Online shopping is a huge business and with most of us, the ability to spend money is simply a few clicks away on the phone or pad. Most of my shopping (except groceries because I love food shopping) is done on the Internet and mainly via apps on my phone.
Here are my top tips to saving money when you shop online.
- Know what you are looking for? Google it and click the shopping tab. This will bring up loads of sites and prices where you can buy.
- Check eBay and Amazon. These don’t always show up in a search.
- Found the perfect site with the perfect price? Sign up to their newsletter – chances are you will receive an email with a code for money off your first order.
- Check cashback websites. Might as well earn some cashback on that purchase. I use TopCashBack and love it!
- Search for voucher/discount codes that you can use. There are loads of sites that can help you with this such as VoucherCodes and PromotionalCodes.
- No discount from the newsletter? Add the item to your basket and leave it there. Some sites will then email you offering an incentive to complete the purchase.
- Don’t forget to earn any points – check to see if they offer Nectar points on purchases. eBay does!
- Take advantage of free delivery. If your item isn’t urgent then take the free or cheaper shipping that takes a few days rather than the expensive next day delivery.
- A lot of items on eBay and Amazon are from China. Check Ali Express, the same item from the same seller may be on there at a lower price.
- If a site has a ‘chat now’ function, use it and see if they will offer you a discount. This often works on sites that sell electrical goods.
And none of these points even starts to go down the route of ‘do I actually need it?’
Just a few ways to save when you shop online! Let me know if you have any other ways!
Follow me on Twitter: @moneysavemum